The Cycleops H2 is the second edition of Saris' acclaimed direct drive trainer and is on closeout because it is being rebranded as the Saris H3 as the Cycleops brand name is being discontinued.
The H3 is Bicycling Magazine's Editors Choice as best indoor trainer for 2019 and the H2 is the same trainer with noise reduction being the only real upgrade over the H2, not that the H2 is loud - but it was louder than the Wahoo Kickr, and Saris wanted to address that.
The H2’s impressive electrical prowess, complete with integrated cadence, speed and power data, internal cooling, over-the-air firmware updates, dual-band ANT+ and Bluetooth compatibility and topped off with its electromagnetic resistance system for rapid resistance changes within virtual training environments.
- Noise level at 20 mph is 64 decibels, quiet enough to ride in a library.
- PowerTuned using PowerTap technology for up to +/- 2% accurate power readings.
- Compatible with a wide variety of devices and virtual training application, including Rouvy, Zwift, and TrainerRoad.
- 20 lb precision balanced flywheel provides quiet, vibration free and true-to-the-road riding experience.
- Fast response electromagnetic resistance ensures most responsive resistance and maximum power available.
- Robust design is capable of handling up to 2000 watts at 20 mph and can simulate up to a 20% climbing grade.
- Internally integrated speed, cadence and power data eliminates the need for extra external sensors.
- Direct drive design directly connects the bicycle to the resistance unit, eliminating tire wear.
- Over the air (OTA) firmware updates via Bluetooth ensures the H2 is up to date with all the latest features.